Wild Rice Waffles
Mix wild rice into your favorite Sunday brunch staple with our very own Canoe Wild Rice family recipe. Perfect for topping with fresh summer berries!
Posted in: Breakfast & Brunch
1 Egg, Separated
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Milk
Dash of Salt
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
1 Cup of Canoe Cooked Wild Rice (at room temperature)
1 Tbsp. Baking Power
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolk into flour.
- Add milk and salt, and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add butter and Canoe Cooked Wild Rice, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white until stiff. Gently fold into wild rice along with the baking powder. (Note: Mixture should be of a thin batter consistency—add more milk if necessary.)
- Cook as usual in a hot waffle iron until well puffed and delicately browned. Serve with maple syrup or fresh fruit and berries.
Makes 8 waffles.