Wild Rice Pecan Bread
This delicious quick-bread recipe is a nice transition into fall. You’ll get that Thanksgiving flavor without going into full-on pie mode. Plus, the natural wild rice and whole wheat flour keep this treat on the healthy side of life.
Posted in: Breakfast & Brunch, Desserts, Muffins
¼ Cup Soft Butter
¼ Cup Honey
2 Cups Cooked Wild Rice
½ Cup Chopped Pecans
1 ¼ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powered
½ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg or Allspice
1 Tablespoon Grated Orange Rind
¾ Cup Milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and honey.
- Beat the eggs in, one at a time until smooth.
- Stir in Cooked Wild Rice and nuts.
- In a small bowl, use a clean wire whisk to mix together the flour, baking powered, salt, spices, and orange rind.
Alternately mix the flour mixture and blend well with a spoon, but do not overmix.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until baked through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before turning out of the pan.
- Serve plain or toasted with cream cheese.