Wild Rice Buddha Bowl
When Canoe Wild Rice serves as the base for this hearty Buddha Bowl, you’ll reap all the flavor and nutrition of our favorite native seed. Mix with brown rice, white rice, or quinoa for added grain variety.
Posted in: Breakfast & Brunch, Main Course
Per Buddha Bowl:
- 1/2 Cup Prepared Canoe Wild Rice or White ‘N Wild Rice Blend
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Butternut Squash, Carrots, or Sweet Potatoes; Sliced
- 1/3 Cup or more of Fresh Red Cabbage, Finely Shredded
- 1/3 Cup or more of Fresh Cucumber, Sliced
- Fresh Baby Herbs like Basil, Mint, Mustard Greens, or Sprouts
- Dry Roasted Peanut and Mixed Seed Topping (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Rice Vinegar or other Vinegar-based Dressing
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
After preparing the cooked ingredients, you may either add these to the cold ingredients for mixed-temperature Buddha Bowl, or you can chill first so when you prepare your dish, everything is refrigerator temp. It all depends on what you like!
It’s easy to construct the Buddha Bowl:
- Add the prepared Wild Rice, Cucumbers, Roasted Veggies, and Red Cabbage in their own sections.
- Then sprinkle with herbs.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and rice vinegar or dressing, and top with dry-roasted peanuts and a seed mixture for extra crunch and nutrition.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!