Wild Rice & Bacon Roll-Ups
This delicious recipe can be used as an appetizer or as a side. With a mixture of sweet and savory ingredients it’s bound to be a favorite.
4 Slices Bacon, Chopped
1 1/3 Mushrooms, Chopped
3 Green Onions, Chopped
¼ Tsp Salt
Dash of Pepper
¾ Cup Wild Rice, Cooked
4 Oz Cream Cheese, Softened
Sheet of refrigerated puff pastry
¼ Cup Butter, Melted
Chopped parsley (optional)
Black sesame seeds (optional
1. In a large frying pan, sauté bacon (but not crisp).
2. Add in mushrooms, onion, salt, and pepper (sauté for an additional 5 minutes).
3. Add Wild Rice and cream cheese, stirring until completely mixed (set aside when done).
4. Cut puff pastry into even rectangles
5. Spread mixture evenly onto puff pastry.
6. Roll up and fasten with toothpick.
7. Chill for at least an hour.
8. When ready to be served brush a small amount of melted butter on rolls and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
9. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and black sesame seeds if desired.