Wild Rice Apple Crisp
Whether you’re looking for an easy, yet delicious dessert to bring to a family gathering or you’re craving something sweet, this tasty recipe is the perfect treat for fall.
• 3 large apples (peeled and sliced)
• 1/3 rolled oats
• 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
• 1/3 c. brown sugar
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 3 Tbsp butter (softened)
• 1 Tbsp rum (optional)
• 1 c. wild rice (cooked 5 minutes longer than indicated*)
*NOTE: Cook wild rice 5 minutes longer then indicated on package directions to avoid hardening during baking.
1. Line the bottom of the 1 ½ quart greased casserole dish with half the apple slices.
2. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mixing until crumbly.
3. Spread half of mixture over apples.
4. Repeat with a layer of apples, followed by the remainder of the crumbs.
5. Bake of 350º F for 25 to 30 mins. (or until apples are tender).
6. Serve warm or cool with whipped, regular, or sour cream.
For a slightly different flavor, try adding 2/3 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the crumb mixture.