Seasoned Wild Rice & Broccoli Medley
Looking for a simple side dish that’s still special enough to serve with your holiday meal? This seasoned wild rice and broccoli medley just may steal the show.
Posted in: Main Course
- Wild Rice (3 Cups Cooked, or 1 Cup Uncooked prepared with vegetable stock for added flavor)
- Vegetable Stock (Only if using to cook the wild rice—in that case, you’ll need about 3 1/2 cups)
- 3-4 Cups Broccoli Florets, either fresh or frozen
- Juice of 1 Fresh Lemon, deseeded
- 1 Tablespoon of Sherry, Champaign, or Rice Wine Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Clove of Crushed Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1/4-1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or other high-quality alternative
- 1/2 Cup of Freshly Chopped Herbs, like parsley, dill, chives, or another blend that complements your main dish
- Freshly Ground Pepper
Note: This recipe is for the side dish only. We highly suggest serving this alongside salmon, steak, chicken, or your other favorite special main-course protein.
- Prepare Wild Rice or Use Cooked Canoe Wild Rice
- Prepare the seasoning by whisking together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic, and mustard. Mix in oil and adjust seasonings as needed (taste test time!)
- Prepare broccoli by cooking just until tender, only a few minutes
- Combine all ingredients in a large skillet just until heated through
- Add freshly chopped herbs just before serving, and a few rounds of fresh-ground pepper
Plate alongside your main dish and you’re ready to serve!