Perfect for the holiday season, this dressing can be stuffed into your main dish or baked separately as a delicious side dish. (You can also mix in other kinds of rice as shown here.) It’s one of our Canoe family favorites!
3 Cups of Canoe Cooked Wild Rice
1 Cup of Day-Old Bread Crumbs
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
1 Medium Apple (Diced, Not Pared)
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1/2 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
3/4 Cup Chicken Bouillon
- Combine the cooked Wild Rice with the bread crumbs.
- Sauté the onion and apple in butter until the onion in clear.
- Combine the above with the pecans, the poultry seasoning, and the Wild Rice and bread crumb mixture, tossing lightly.
- Moisten with just enough chicken bouillon to hold the mixture together.
- This dressing may be stuffed into a bird or baked in a well-greased casserole dish at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Serves 4-6. Enjoy!