With a few simple and healthy ingredients, you can whip together this delicious curried wild rice salad—perfect for work-day lunches or summer side dishes.
• 4 Cups Cooked Canoe Wild Rice
• 1 Green Pepper, Diced
• 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Celery
• 3/4 Cups Green Onions, using the green tops
• 7 Sprigs of Parsley, Reserving some for garnish
• 2 Tablespoons each of Dill and Mint
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
• Fresh Garden Tomatoes for Garnish (optional)
• 4 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
• 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 4 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
• 3/4 Teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
• 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
1. Prepare and combine salad ingredients, ensuring everything is at room temperature or chilled (if cooking your own wild rice).
2. Fold together and mix thoroughly.
3. Make the dressing by combining all ingredients thoroughly and adding into the salad.
4. Chill for at least 4 hours.
5. Garnish with some of the parsley, and freshly cut garden tomatoes, if desired.