Cranberry Wild Rice Muffins
With festive cranberries and healthy wild rice all baked up into a perfect breakfast bite, these easy Cranberry Wild Rice Muffins just might become part of your family’s holiday tradition.
Posted in: Breakfast & Brunch, Desserts, Muffins
- 1 and 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Orange Rind
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter, Slightly Cooled
- 1 Cup Wild Rice, Cooked
- 3/4 Cup Honey Granola (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
- Combine all the other ingredients and stir lightly into dry ingredients just until blended.
*NOTE: Do not over mix—it’s okay if batter is a bit lumpy.
- Spoon into a paper-lined or lightly greased muffin tin.
- Sprinkle each muffin top with about 1 Tablespoon of Honey Granola (optional)
- Bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.