Blueberry Wild Rice Muffins
This unique blueberry muffin featuring Canoe Wild Rice packs great-tasting nutrition into a few handy bites.
Posted in: Muffins
1 – 15oz. can Canoe Cooked Wild Rice, drained
3/4 cup All-purpose flour
3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
4 Tbsp. Butter, melted and slightly cooled
3/4 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Blueberries
1/2 cup Toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add blueberries and mix.
- In small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Fold in the wild rice and pecans (optional).
- Spoon batter into a greased 12-cup muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Top with Streusel Topping.
- Mix 1/4 cup flour + 1/4 cup brown sugar + 1/4 tsp. cinnamon + 2 Tbsp. butter until crumbly.
- Add to muffins tops. Enjoy!