Beany and Zucchini Wild Rice Stir Fry
This easy, veggie-filled recipe lets you take advantage of both fresh garden produce and Canoe Wild Rice, while beans and cheese add a nice punch of protein.
Posted in: Main Course
1 Large Onion, Chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Medium-Size Fresh Zucchini, Chopped
1 Can of Kidney, Pinto, or Garbanzo Beans
2 Medium-Sized Fresh Tomatoes, Chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Dried or Freshly Chopped Oregano
2 Cups of Cooked Canoe Wild Rice
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
1 Cup of Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/3 Cup of Freshly Chopped Scallions or Chives (optional)
- Sauté onion, garlic, and EVOO in a large skillet until onion is transparent.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, and oregano.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, until veggies are barely tender.
- Stir in prepared beans and Canoe Wild Rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese and freshly chopped scallions or chives just before serving.