4 Cups wild rice or our Canoe White ‘N Wild blend, fully-cooked
2 lbs beef round, tenderloin, or sirloin, cut into strips
1/4 Cup butter or olive oil
1 Cup onion, chopped
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 Cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
2-3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Teaspoons dry mustard
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
10 oz beef broth, canned
1/2 Cup dry white wine
1 1/2 Cups plain yogurt
- In a large frying pan, brown beef in 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil. Once brown, remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining butter or olive oil, onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté for about five minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, mustard, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Gradually add broth.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend in wine and yogurt. Return beef to pan and simmer until hot.
- Put stroganoff onto serving platter and surround with wild rice. Garnish with parsley.
Makes 6 – 8 servings. Enjoy!