- 1 Pound of Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1/2 Cup of Pre-cooked Wild Rice or Mostly Prepared Wild Rice (it will cook more in the oven)
- 1/4 Cup of Chopped Onions
- 1/4 Cup of Chopped Celery
- 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Milk or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Thyme, Rosemary, or Oregano
- 1/4 Cup of Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Parsley Leaves for Garnishing
- Start by preparing your wild rice, or used pre-cooked Canoe Wild Rice. If preparing your own, it’s okay to slightly undercook the wild rice for this recipe as it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Make sure the ground beef or turkey is completely thawed.
- Chop onion and celery, and mince the garlic. (You can sauté these before mixing, if you like.)
- Mix all ingredients together except for the meat and the garnish.
- Add in the meat and mix thoroughly.
- Using your hands, form meatballs about 1-2 inches in diameter.
- Place meatballs on a broiler pan or a 9 x 12 cake pan (or larger).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink.
- Serve now and garnish with fresh parsley leaves, keep warm in a crockpot for later, or cool and freeze for another day.