- 1 Cup of Uncooked Wild Rice
- 1 Small to Medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 Cup of Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Small Onion, sliced
- 3 to 4 Ribs of Celery, sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Dry Lentils
- 4 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 4 Cups of Water
- About 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Package of Dry Onion Soup Mix (or equivalent seasonings)
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley to Garnish
- Chop and prepare veggies.
- Rinse and sort lentils.
- Rinse wild rice.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil in the bottom of a 4-quart or larger-sized slow cooker.
- Add veggies, uncooked wild rice, lentils, and seasonings.
- Add liquid.
- Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Top bowls with freshly chopped parsley (optional).