- 6 Large Garden-Fresh Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 ½ Cups Canned Tomato Juice or Vegetable Broth (depending on your taste)
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Cucumbers, Peeled, Seeded, and Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (more or less to your liking)
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- Salt and Black Pepper, to Taste
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Dill
- ½ Cup Fresh, Frozen, or Canned Corn
- 1 ½ Cups Cooked Wild Rice
- Core and coarsely chop the tomatoes, reserving the juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, reserved tomato juice, and canned tomato juice or vegetable broth, and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes, red pepper, cucumbers, onions, and garlic, adding juice mixture as you go to keep the blades from clogging. NOTE: Do not puree completely; vegetables should retain some crunch.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper, dill, cooked wild rice, and corn.
- Cover and chill.
- Adjust seasonings before serving, and garnish with freshly chopped herbs, such as basil.
Serves 8. Enjoy!