Our Stuffed Peppers recipe brings the garden-fresh vegetables of the season together in a healthy and flavorful way by incorporating wild rice. Add it to your family dinner rotation for a special week-day treat!
1 Cup of Canoe Cooked Wild Rice
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
2 Tablespoon Slivered Almonds
1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
1/2 Cup Seasoned Dry Bread Crumbs
1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 Bell Peppers
- Prepare Wild Rice or use Canoe Cooked Wild Rice. Drain Well.
- Cut peppers lengthwise. Remove seeds and membrane.
- Parboil pepper halves in salted water for 5 minutes and drain.
- Brown the ground beef, onion, celery, carrots, and salt. Cook until vegetables are just tender.
- Add cooked Wild Rice, almonds, and yogurt; toss lightly.
- Stuff pepper halves and place in a cake pan or baking dish.
- Stir crumbs in hot butter and sprinkle over stuffed peppers.
- Bake at 325° for about 30 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese before serving, if desired.
Enjoy! Serves 6.