With tons of veggies, chicken, and of course—Canoe Wild Rice!—this healthy and flavorful soup is a delicious stepping stone into spring. Enjoy with a fresh squeeze of lemon for an extra burst of flavor.
Posted in: Soups
- 2-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cut into pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Medium White Onion, Chopped
- 5 Ribs of Celery, Sliced
- 1 Cup Green Beans, Sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 5 Medium Carrots, Sliced
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- ¼ Cup Slivered Almonds (optional)
- 2 Cups Cooked Canoe Wild Rice
- 4 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- More Salt and Pepper
- 1 Lemon, Cut into Wedges (optional)
- Cook chicken pieces in the olive oil in a large skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions, garlic, celery, and carrots in olive oil just until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms, almonds, green beans, and remaining seasonings for a couple of minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, broth, cooked wild rice, and more salt and pepper.
- Mix together and allow to simmer on low until heated through and veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Before serving, whisk in the whole milk.
- Serve with lemon wedges for an extra burst of flavor.